Mar 11, 2011

He leads me...

The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.

One benefit as we follow the Shepherd is He would do ALL things for us. As I and my family are about to face a new chapter in our Hanoian life, I can't help but get excited as to what would unfold as we obey Him.
I came across Psalm 23(again). I am astounded by the words MAKES, LEADS.
King David said He "MAKES" me lie down in green pastures. Immediately I imagined a picture of the Shepherd who exactly knows his pastureland, He knew where that greener patch is, He absolutely does because the earth and everything in it is His'. He has already surveyed the vastness of His kingdom and deliberately places His people to that particular place where abundance of everything not only material and finances are overflowing.
"LEADS" would mean I should not panic when my cup runs dry, I should not struggle when all there is for me to take is a handful of flour and a little jar of oil. I do not have to run around looking for resources, for income, for work, for money because He SHALL LEAD me to that place. If I know my Shepherd then I should not be anxious. If I keep myself still, trusting in His providence, believe deeply that He is God, then nothing in this world shall move me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Verse for the Week

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go."
Ecclesiastes 9:10
Loading...

neo counter

   
 

The Beautiful Feet | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates