May 27, 2009

you broke my heart naynay!!

Dealing with my two girls can be quite challenging sometimes because each of them have their own unique personality. What works for the elder might not work for the younger one or vice versa. Rinnah is a toughie yet sweet, Thea on the other hand is girly-girl sweet kind of a person. She can never be a toughie, much as I would like her to, she just couldn't and I've come to admit that fact. I should say it is the big girl I'm having a hard time dealing with especially now that she's growing. One night we had a serious chat about some character related issues that I was telling her off and suddenly I was so surprised to hear her say " you broke my heart Naynay!" and asked her "do you mind telling me why?" and she replied "because whenever I'm due for reproof, you talk as if you are really mad at me". Mannn!!My seven year old daughter!!! I appreciate her openness but that came to me as a big blow, I didn't see that coming! I've come to realize that maybe it's not really her who needs some disciplining to hurdle but me. I am still learning to deal with myself which I consider now as my "thorn in the flesh". I do not want to spoil that fraction of time in rearing my chidlren by being such an inconsiderate mother. I know that this is not attainable without God's intervention.I know that I can't but Jesus can!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ha!ha!ha! she is really an intelligent girl. I am counting the days when I can hug and kiss her with rinnah.

    ReplyDelete

My Verse for the Week

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go."
Ecclesiastes 9:10
Loading...

neo counter

   
 

The Beautiful Feet | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates