May 7, 2009

Baby talk(s)


I had a Women's Retreat post mortem meeting last night at a friend's plush villa in Ciputra. I left home hours before time trying to evade the traffic jam that often impede every road trip because they just build up in some of the major pathways of Hanoi in split seconds. I ran off without saying goodbye to my two girls. I had fun chichatting with my girl friends over some home baked pastries. After nearly four hours of being away from my lovely spawn, I headed back home quite late. When I stood outside the gate, my little girl, Rinnah asked me in a raised-clear-straight English "did you go out Naynay?". I stood there astonished of what I heard from her. She can speak clearly now, I have not even noticed it come out so quickly. My baby is now a budding toddler who's so fascinated with language that she encounters everyday and one funny thing about her also is she gets it all mixed up sometimes, Vietnamese-English-Cebuano. One example to this is "di up" which means "go up" (di-Vietnamese word for go). Well, I must say, bits and pieces of everything doesn't hurt anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Ka cute ni Rinah! .. Belated Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

My Verse for the Week

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go."
Ecclesiastes 9:10
Loading...

neo counter

   
 

The Beautiful Feet | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates